Simple tasty salads. Watermelon, Crumbled Feta, Rosewater and Mint
Watermelon, chilled slices await our family in summer. So hydrating, that distinct smell of sweetness.
Watermelon pairs delightfully with feta, mint and rosewater. A perfect palate refresher, take to parties and of course a great afternoon snack to re-hydrate.
I had snow pea sprouts and used it as a garnish, totally not necessary to go and and purchase specifically for this salad. If your not fond of radish substitute for watercress and scatter before garnishing with mint. Each fresh ingredient has it's own healing nutrients and benefits.
Minimal ingredients and time to make. You will need rosewater, see it as the salt and pepper of dishes. Rosewater enhances watermelon. I have shared several recipes with Rosewater, have a sticky beak on the blog.
The host of a recent event requested that I bring a Watermelon Salad. It was enjoyed by all and recipe shared:)
Watermelon, Feta, Mint and Rosewater Salad
1/2 Watermelon skinned, sliced and diced into bite size pieces
1/2 block Feta Cheese
3 small Radish, sliced thin
handful Fresh Mint, washed
Juice 1 Lemon
2 tsp Rosewater
2 tbl light olive oil
1. Skin, slice and dice watermelon into bite size pieces, place into deep serving bowl.
2. Evenly scatter thinly sliced radish.
3. Delicately crumble feta over salad, ensuring you have various sizes.
4. In a jug, place, lemon juice, 2 tsp Rosewater, 2 tbl light olive oil the pour throughout salad.
5. Garnish salad with fresh mint leaves.
Optional to use snow pea sprouts.