Clean Jelly for everyone
Rugby Union, Allblacks v's Wallabies, a spontaneous gathering of 2 families over at our place. Three very young children from 17 months to 4 years & four older children 10 - 14 years.
Saturdays are busy for me, actually which day isn't? I set my intentions to make jellies for all the children. Seeing the wide smiling faces in anticipation & watching them devour is so satisfying. I love that parents trust that there are no nasties, puts the parents mind at ease, especially those who are gluten free, egg free or sensitives to artificial colours & flavours.
The start of summer fruit was my inspiration. I had two punnets of strawberries, 1 punnet of blueberries & had picked mulberries off our tree. I chose Raspberry Jam Cordial as it pairs perfectly with fresh berries.
Best gelatine, readily available, that does not contain any sulphur (220) is Dr Oetker, it is a product of Hungary. See notes below if your using Dr Oetker. I did use this before I swapped to Nutra Organics Gelatine. Sistermixin sell it online.
Have your equipment & ingredients out ready to go, less fluffing about.
RECIPE: serves 4.
1 1/2 scoop Nutra organics Gelatin
1 cup cold water
1/4 - 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam Cordial. Just a little over 1/4 was sufficient.
1 cup hot water
1. Place gelatin & cold water into a bowl, stir until water gelatine has absorbed water.
2. Add cordial & mix well.
3. Pour in 1 cup of hot water. Stir well to combine. Then pour into serving bowl or cup.
4. Place in fridge until set, then garnish with chopped seasonal fruit.
For the three lil ones, I used eco friendly plastic cups. The tweens glass cups ( see main picture) I added a tiny spoon of thick cream for the tweens.
Notes for Dr Oetker.
1. Dilute 450 mls of cordial to your taste in a jug.
2. Empty 1x12gms sachet gelatine over 120mls hot water. Stir until dissolved.
3. Pour dissolved gelatine into diluted cordial, mix well.
4. Place in serving bowl or cup. Place in fridge until set.
Jellies are so fun to make any time of year. Perfect to take to BBQ's, parties & for children parties.
Please share with me which Roar Cordial your choosing to make jelly with.